On my current project, we’re having to add about 230 countries to Great Plains… a tedious task at best. So we figured we’d just find the table in SQL Server and load it’s data to the other GP companies as well as the Prod environment and save someone having to enter all that data again… right… WRONG!!!
Maybe I just don’t know how to search for info, but I could not find a download for GP help files anywhere on download.microsoft.com. I also couldn’t find any information anywhere that would tell me which table this information would be located in and of course GP table naming conventions is not intuitive enough to spot the table by looking at the database.
We ended up generating a database creation script and then text searching it for the CCode field until we found the table we were looking for.
It turns out the table we needed was VAT10001. (But of course! I should have known that! )