Monthly Archives: March 2006
- Unload any Adobe Acrobat Reader in memory.
- Bring up the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Sort by "Image Name".
- Kill all tasks named "AcroRd32.exe".
- Navigate to C:\Programe Files\Adobe\Acrobat X.X\Reader replacing "X.X" with your version number. You will note a "plug_ins" folder.
- Copy the "plug_ins" folder.
- Press Ctrl+C
- Press Ctrl+V
- Navigate to the "plug_ins" folder.
- Select all files except:
- Delete all the selected files leaving only the three noted before.
And that’s all it takes.
My Adobe Acrobat Reader load time went from 18 seconds to 2 seconds!!!